Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Smoky, creamy, and with just the right amount of tang, this copycat Chick-fil-a sauce is perfection without all the sugar, inflammatory oils, and additives. Trust me, you are going to love this sauce with everything from Paleo copycat Chic-fil-a chicken tenders, as a savory spread for sandwiches, or as a delicious dip or salad dressing!
Why Local Honey?
Is there a difference in the commercial honey you find at stores like Costco compared to the local honey you find at your local Co-Op or farmer’s market? YES there is! If you can, buy and eat local honey and here’s why 
Local honey supports your immune system and allergies since local honey is made from the pollen of the flowers and plants in your area.
Your local honey is unpasteurized and raw, which keeps the health and nutritional benefits of the honey intact.
Supporting your community buy purchasing local honey keeps your honey bees in your area and supports your local beekeepers!
Many brands of commercial honey you find in stores are not pure and are often diluted with and contain corn syrup or other inflammatory sweeteners.
With so many lifestyle options, why did I choose to make this Chick-fil-a sauce Paleo and Whole30 friendly?
1. Sugar. Refine white sugar (white beet sugar) has a few characteristics that I find undesirable, so I avoid it at all costs.
- GMO: white beets or sugar beets are genetically modified to be herbicide resistant and grown with glyphosates (RoundUP)
- Ultra Refine: sugar beets are highly refine to produce the sugar products used in so many foods: condiments, cereals, snacks, breads, candies and more.
2. Organic. By choosing to make my own sauce at home, I am able to choose the quality of the ingredients that go into my sauce. Choosing ingredients such as a sugar-free barbecue sauce and organic mustard I know that what I am serving my family is the cleanest, most nutritionally dense food I can.
3. Whole Food Ingredients: Processed and ultra refined foods such as sugar, salt, flours and oils are inflammatory to the body and are void of nutrients. The refinement process eliminates the bioavailable nutrients in these foods and although some of these foods have been “fortified” (where the food companies try to add the nutrients back in) these are typically synthetic and are not as available to the body and are not absorbed.
Choosing minimally processed ingredients maintains nutrient density, is more bioavailable to the body, and is does not have the inflammatory properties ultra refined foods do.
So grab your ingredients and let’s make some Paleo and Whole30 friendly Chick-fil-a sauce!
Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce Ingredients
Makes 12 ounces
¾ cup No Sugar Added Mayonnaise *
¼ cup Organic Yellow Mustard
1 Tbsp Fresh Italian Parsley, finely minced
1-2 Tbsp Pure Raw Honey**
*Use vegan mayonnaise for vegan
**Omit for Keto/Whole30 (Sauce will have 5g sugar & 5g net carbs without the honey per ounce) and replace with Pure Maple Syrup for vegan
How to Make Copycat Chick-Fil-a Sauce
1. Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk well to combine.
2. Transfer to a glass jar with a lid.
Enjoy with Copycat Paleo Chick-Fil-a Chicken Tenders!
Like this Video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy, whole food recipes! Want to be notified when I post a new video? Click on the bell icon and you’ll get a notification when new recipes are uploaded! Happy Healthy Eating!!
Q: How long will Paleo Chick-Fil-a sauce last?
A: Stored in a airtight container in the refrigerator, the sauce should last about 10-14 days.
Q: How do I make my copycat Chick-Fil-a sauce have a smokier flavor?
A: You can add some smoked paprika to enhance the smoky flavor of homemade Chick-fil-a sauce.
Q: If my BBQ sauce is sweetened with honey, can I use that for Paleo Chick-fil-a sauce?
A: Yes, pure honey and pure maple syrup are compliant with both Paleo and Whole30 lifestyles.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products and kitchen gear I love. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Almond Milk and Cookies!
I am a holistic nutritionist with an auto-immune disorder, a love of cooking, and a passion for holistic health.
Sharing what I make and eat with all of you…in hopes that you find inspiration here to fuel your body and feel your best with nutrient dense whole foods and clean eating.