Easy Paleo Sandwich Bread
Soft and tender, nutty low carb Paleo sandwich bread has never been so easy or tasty! This savory and buttery bread is Whole30 and keto friendly with only 5 net carbs per slice!
Easy ways to enjoy Paleo Sandwich Bread
- Avocado Toast
- Grilled and topped with goat cheese and heirloom tomatoes
- Toasted with Grass-fed butter/ghee and fresh jam
- Open Face Sammies
- Turkey sammie
- Mascarpone and smoked salmon
- Almond butter and jam
- Brekky egg sammich
- Make as muffins and serve with BBQ as “corn” muffins
Why Almonds are So Good For You!
Almonds originated from the western regions of China and Asia and eventually made their way for cultivation around the world. Almonds are members of the prunus family which included stone fruits such as peaches, plums, and cherries. There are two types of almonds, bitter and sweet, with sweet almonds being the ones that we know and have grown to love from almond butter, to nutritious snacking. Let’s dive into some nutrition facts!
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): Converts carbohydrates to adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which supports energy production .
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): Essential in healthy metabolism, supports healthy cholesterol and blood pressure .
- Vitamin E: A powerful Antioxidant that is essential in vision health, skin health, and reproductive health . It also works to reduce oxidative stress by neutralizing free radicals that are produced during metabolic processes or from environmental exposure.
- Copper: Essential in the production of red blood cells.
- Manganese: Necessary in brain and nervous system health and supports metabolic pathways.
- Iron: Iron is an essential mineral that your body needs and in plants we have non-heme iron. Non-heme iron is more difficult for our bodies to absorb , so pairing it with vitamin C rich foods, such as a homemade jam increases the absorption of the non-heme iron in our diets.
- Calcium: The most abundant mineral in the body and is essential in maintaining health teeth and bones as well as heart, muscle and nerve function .
- Magnesium: A mineral that is essential in healthy metabolism, nervous system regulation, detoxification, and blood sugar regulation.
- Potassium: Plays a role in your body’s hydration and cellular fluid balance, with sodium being the counter balance.
- Insoluble fiber: Almonds are a fabulous source of insoluble fiber which helps in keeping things moving along the GI tract and also aids with toxin and waste elimination.
- Soluble fiber : Soluble fiber works to support a healthy microbiome and supports healthy blood sugar regulation.
So grab some organic almond flour, and let’s get cooking!
Paleo Sandwich Bread Ingredients
Makes 12-16 slices
2/3 cup Plant Milk of choice
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Large Eggs
1/4 cup EVOO or Ghee
1.5 cups Organic Almond Flour
¼ cup Organic Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Arrowroot starch or Tapioca Starch
¼ cup Ground Flaxseed
1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt or Pink Salt
1.5 tsp Baking Soda
How to Make Paleo Sandwich Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 325 for Convection and 350 for Conventional
2. In a small bowl combine the plant milk and ACV. Stir well and set aside to make a buttermilk.
3. In a medium bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well with a fork or whisk.
4. In a large bowl, add the eggs and whisk for 30-seconds.
5. Add the EVOO or ghee to the eggs and whisk together another 30-seconds until well combined.
6. Add the buttermilk and whisk again to combine.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the egg and buttermilk mixture and mix well with a spatula.
8. Transfer bread mixture to an 8″x4″ greased bread pan.
9. Bake for 40-45 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Cool completely before slicing!
Like this Video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy, whole food recipes! Want to be notified when I post a new video? Click on the bell icon and you’ll get a notification when new recipes are uploaded! Happy Healthy Eating!!
Q: How do you store Paleo sandwich bread?
A: Once the bread is completely cooled, I like to slice it and store a few slices in the refrigerator in an airtight container (up to a week) and then wrap the remaining slices and store in the freezer (up to a month) to maintain freshness.
Q: Can I use grass-fed butter to make Paleo sandwich bread?
A: No, butter, even grass-fed is not considered Paleo as it contains milk solids, however, ghee is considered Paleo and will yield that rich buttery flavor!
Q: What is the texture of Paleo sandwich bread like?
A: This recipe for Paleo bread yields a very tender and soft bread with a flakey crumb.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products and kitchen gear I love. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Almond Milk and Cookies!
I am a holistic nutritionist with an auto-immune disorder, a love of cooking, and a passion for holistic health.
Sharing what I make and eat with all of you…in hopes that you find inspiration here to fuel your body and feel your best with nutrient dense whole foods and clean eating.