Egg-free Pumpkin Pie (Paleo)
I created this recipe to be gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free so that it can accommodate a variety of eating lifestyles. It may be lacking in certain allergens, but it is not lacking in flavor, and honestly, it tastes so much better than anything from the store! Try this simple, whole-food dessert, and you and your guests will be asking for seconds!
Why Pumpkin is So Good For You!
Pumpkins belong to the squash family of produce and are also considered gourds and many people choose to also use them for fall decorations. These orange beauties are full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidant, and fiber so adding them to a whole food diet is a great way and tasty way to add orange foods into your diet.
- Vitamin A (Beta-carotene): Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and reduces oxidative stress and is also converted to vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential in the health of your eyes, skin, bones, kidneys, and lungs.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): A water soluble vitamin that is essential in glucose metabolism and supports health heart and nervous system function.
- Vitamin B6: A water soluble vitamin that is essential in metabolic pathways, RBC production, and in the production of neurotransmitters.
- Vitamin B9 (folate): A water soluble vitamin that is essential during pregnancy in the formation of the neural tube .
- Calcium: The most abundant mineral in the body and is essential in heart health, muscle function and support strong bones and teeth.
- Copper: Essential mineral in the formation of red blood cells and in supporting cardiovascular health and immune function .
- Magnesium: The fourth most abundant mineral in the body, it support healthy nerve functions, healthy blood pressure, and detoxification.
- Manganese: Essential mineral in supporting blood sugar regulation, glucose metabolism, and supporting healthy brain and nerve function .
- Potassium: is the third most abundant mineral in your body and functions like an electrolyte (positively charged) once consumed. Electrolytes are important in their role in healthy nerve conduction and muscle contractions.
Pumpkins are a great source of fiber (about 2.5 grams in 1 cup of mashed pumpkin!) containing both soluble and insoluble fiber!
- Insoluble fiber supports healthy digestion and movement through the GI tract.
- Soluble fiber supports a healthy microbiome and supports health blood sugars.
So grab some pumpkin purée and let’s get cooking!
Egg-Free Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
2 cups Pumpkin Purée
1 cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Grass-Fed Beef Gelatin
13.5 oz can of Coconut Cream, cream only
3/4 tsp Fine Real Salt
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1.5 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Coconut Whipped Cream (opt)
How to Make Egg-Free Pumpkin Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the egg-free Paleo cookie pie crust if you haven’t already.
3. In a blender add the pumpkin purée, maple syrup, coconut cream, spices and gelatin and blend on high speed until smooth and uniform.
4. Transfer to the pie dish with your pie crust.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
6. Remove and cool completely then refrigerate at least 4-6 hours before serving.
Like this Video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy, whole food recipes! Want to be notified when I post a new video? Click on the bell icon and you’ll get a notification when new recipes are uploaded! Happy Healthy Eating!!
Q: Why is my pie runny?
A: You may need to let the pie cool completely, I like to bake this the day before so I can let it set overnight in the refrigerator.
Q: How do I know the pie is done?
A: The crust will be a light golden color and you should see some bubbling around the edges of the pie.
Q: Can I use vegan gelatin to make an egg-free pumpkin pie?
A: Yes, you can, try agar agar powder.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products and kitchen gear I love. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Almond Milk and Cookies!
I am a holistic nutritionist with an auto-immune disorder, a love of cooking, and a passion for holistic health.
Sharing what I make and eat with all of you…in hopes that you find inspiration here to fuel your body and feel your best with nutrient dense whole foods and clean eating.