Heirloom Tomato and Peach Caprese Salad
Juicy, vine ripened heirloom tomatoes, sweet and tangy peaches, fresh mozzarella and sweet summer basil are in beautiful harmony in this gorgeous salad. This simple and flavorful caprese salad has all the taste and feel of summer on one plate!
Why shop Local and Seasonal?
- Seasonal: When you are choosing to buy fresh produce in season, you are getting the most nutritious and best tasting version of that food!
- Local: Local produce found in your Co-Op’s and farmers markets are picked at their peak of ripeness, plus you’re helping to support local farmers, community and economy!
Why Peaches are So Good For You!
Summer is more than just fresh berries and the best tomatoes, it’s also a season full of lots of glorious stone fruits, and one of my favorites is a sweet and juicy peach. Peaches are in season May through September and come in a variety of shapes and flesh colors.
- Vitamin A (beta-carotene): Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant (carotenoid) that neutralizes free radicals and reduces oxidative stress and is also converted to vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential in the health of your eyes, skin, bones, kidneys, and lungs.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): A water soluble vitamin that is essential in glucose metabolism and supports health heart and nervous system function.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): Converts carbohydrates to adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which supports energy production .
- Vitamins: B3 (niacin): Supports healthy blood fat levels and blood sugars.
- Vitamin B6: Essential in supporting a healthy and strong immune system
- Vitamin C: A powerful antioxidant that reduces oxidative stress, improves the absorption of non-heme iron, supports the immune system, and healthy bones .
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K1 is essential in your body’s clotting ability and is converted to vitamin K2 in your gut. Vitamin K2 is essential in maintaining healthy bones and skin.
- Vitamin E: This essential fat-soluble vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that plays a role in reducing oxidative stress by neutralizing free radicals that may result in illness or disease. Vitamin E is essential in vision health, skin health, and reproductive health .
- Copper: Essential mineral in the formation of red blood cells and in supporting cardiovascular health and immune function .
- Manganese: Essential mineral in supporting blood sugar regulation, glucose metabolism, and supporting healthy brain and nerve function .
- Magnesium: The fourth most abundant mineral in the body, it support healthy nerve functions, healthy blood pressure, and detoxification.
- Iron: The iron in pasta, like all plant sources of iron is non-heme iron. Iron is necessary in the production of hemoglobin, supports the endocrine system, and is necessary in growth and development .
- Phosphorous: Supports healthy teeth and bones, muscle recovery after working out, and detoxification.
Peaches are full of insoluble and soluble fiber that supports the digestive system as well as overall health.
- Insoluble fiber: bulking fiber that keeps things moving along through the digestive system promoting healthy detoxification and waste removal.
- Soluble fiber: absorbs water and gels in the digestive tract slowing the absorption of carbohydrates therefor supporting blood sugar regulation and feeds the beneficial bacteria in the microbiome.
So grab some juicy ripe peaches and let’s get cooking!
Heirloom Tomato and Peach Caprese Salad Ingredients
1-2 Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced
1 Large Peach, sliced
1 Ball of Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella
8-10 Fresh Basil leaves
1-2 Tbsp EVOO
1-2 Tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar
Pinch of Flaked Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
How to Make Heirloom Tomato and Peach Caprese Salad
1. Rinse the tomatoes, peaches, and basil and gently dry.
2. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into 1/4″ slices and set aside.
3. Slice the peaches into 1/2″-1″ wedges and set aside.
4. On a plate or platter, layer the tomatoes, basil, peaches then cheese and repeat.
5. Drizzle over the EVOO and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle over the flaked sea salt and ground black pepper.
Like this Video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy, whole food recipes! Want to be notified when I post a new video? Click on the bell icon and you’ll get a notification when new recipes are uploaded! Happy Healthy Eating!!
Q: If I can’t find heirloom tomatoes, what would be a great replacement?
A: Honestly, you can use any kind of tomato that you love, my recommendation is to try to buy local and organic and if you can find it a beefsteak tomato is a great substitute.
Q: Can tomato and peach caprese salad be made ahead of time?
A: Yes! To save time prep the salad beforehand, cover and store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, drizzle over the EVOO, vinegar and add the S&P!
Q: What is the best kind of EVOO to use for a caprese salad?
A: I always use and recommend an unrefined, first cold pressed EVOO that is fruity and robust.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products and kitchen gear I love. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Almond Milk and Cookies!
I am a holistic nutritionist with an auto-immune disorder, a love of cooking, and a passion for holistic health.
Sharing what I make and eat with all of you…in hopes that you find inspiration here to fuel your body and feel your best with nutrient dense whole foods and clean eating.