No-Bake AIP Granola
This easy no-bake granola only has a handful of ingredients and is just what you have been looking for! Being on a protocol like AIP can be difficult, but this tasty and whole food recipe will make breakfast and snacking a lot easier.
Since this raw granola isn’t baked, I find that it’s not as compatible with any type of plant milk, however, it is amazing over a bowl of fresh fruit and AIP approved yogurt for a delicious and simple parfait. I also love to serve this as a healthy snack for my kids as a sweet and nutty topping over some crisp apple slices covered with luscious coconut manna.
What is Tiger Nuts are So Good For You!
Many people haven’t even heard of a tiger nut, but if you are on an AIP protocol, chances are you have and you love them! You may also know them by the name yellow nutsedge, nut grass or chufa. Did you know that tiger nuts are not actually nuts, but are little tiny tubers, like a sweet potato.
Packed with nutrients and fiber, these little tasty tiger nuts are a great addition to any diet whether you are on AIP or not.
First let’s talk fiber! Tiger nuts contain 10 grams of fiber per ounce! This insoluble fiber found in tiger nuts is essential in a healthy digestive tract and also plays an important role in removing toxins and waste products. A diet rich in high fiber foods will keep you full longer and it also supports healthy blood sugar regulation.
Tiger nuts are rich in vitamin C and E, powerful antioxidants that neutralize free radicals produce within your body, reducing oxidative stress. Vitamin E is essential in the health of your eyes, brain, heart, and skin .
You will find several minerals in tiger nuts, including
- Calcium: The most abundant mineral in the body and is essential in heart health, muscle function and support strong bones and teeth.
- Magnesium: Essential mineral in healthy digestion, detoxification and support nervous system function.
- Zinc: Cofactor necessary in the production of hydrochloric acid to support optimized chemical digestion of foods, and supports your immune system.
- Iron: Essential in the production of hemoglobin.
- Phosphorus: Supports metabolism and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
- Potassium: Mineral that supports your heartbeat as well as a healthy metabolism .
So grab some of these nutrient packed tiger nuts and let’s get cooking!
AIP Coconut Granola Ingredients
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Tiger Nut Flour
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil, melted
Pinch of Fine Sea Salt
How to Make AIP Granola
1. Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix with a fork to break up any lumps.
2. Transfer to an airtight container and allow the coconut oil to cool back to room temperature.
- When the coconut oil cools, the granola will clump and harden into little chunks of coconuty goodness!
- If it is during the warmer months, you may want to cool in the refrigerator to allow the coconut oil to solidify some,
3. Enjoy over fresh fruit, AIP friendly yogurt or whatever your creative heart desires!
4. Store at room temperature up to 3-days or in the refrigerator up to a week.
- If storing in the refrigerator, the coconut oil may harden, allow it to warm to room temperature if necessary.
If you like this recipe, check out these other AIP friendly recipes!
Easy Pickled Red Onions: Tangy, crunchy and perfect over grilled chicken salads or with fresh sliced avocado!
Paleo Steak and Zucchini Tacos: Grilled flank steak and loads of fresh veggies for a perfect summertime meal!
Strawberry Mango Salsa: So sweet, vibrant, and tasty as a delicious dip, topping for grilled salmon, or just to eat by the spoonful because it is just that good!
Like this Video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy, whole food recipes! Want to be notified when I post a new video? Click on the bell icon and you’ll get a notification when new recipes are uploaded! Happy Healthy Eating!!
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products and kitchen gear I love. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Almond Milk and Cookies!
I am a holistic nutritionist with an auto-immune disorder, a love of cooking, and a passion for holistic health.
Sharing what I make and eat with all of you…in hopes that you find inspiration here to fuel your body and feel your best with nutrient dense whole foods and clean eating.