Paleo Chocolate Cheesecake
Decadent, rich, silky melt in your mouth dark chocolate, a salted buttery cookie crust, and creamy fluffy coconut whipped cream…do I have your attention? This is the best no-bake chocolate mousse cheesecake ever! I am not going to lie, my family and I loved every iteration in the recipe development for this dessert until I perfected it to share with you! Made with all whole food ingredients, you can feel good about serving this silky luscious cheesecake to everyone!
This indulgent Paleo cheesecake will satisfy your sweet tooth with its intoxicating filling. I love to serve this with fresh berries as their slight tartness balances the rich bitter dark chocolate so beautifully. I created this simple and quick recipe to fit a gluten free, dairy free, egg free, grain free, soy free lifestyle, so grab your fork and dig in!
Why Avocados are So Good For You!
These amazing green beauties are a staple in my house every week, not just because I love them with almost everything, but because they are a nutrient powerhouse and it is a no brainer when feeding and fueling a busy family of 5!
Let’s talk macros. We all know our macronutrients to be our carbohydrates, proteins and fats, but did you know that the fourth macronutrient is water? An avocado is a great source of all four macronutrients!
Macro Breakdown: 1/2 of an average avocado
- 70%-75% of the avocado is water: Great for hydration!
- 2 grams of protein: Plant based protein is a great source of amino acids.
- 9 grams of carbohydrates: Fuel to keep you going!
- 15 grams of good fats: Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated fats that support healthy cholesterol and are essential in cell health!
Vitamins and Minerals
- Multiple B Vitamins: essential in the conversion of food into energy and many other bodily functions.
- Vitamin C: Powerful antioxidant that neutralized free radicals and reduced oxidative stress
- Vitamins E (fat soluble): Antioxidant and nutrient that supports healthy skin, vision, and brain health .
- Vitamin K (fat soluble): Essential in clotting and conversion to K2 in the gut to support bone and heart health.
- Copper: Necessary in the production of red blood cells as well as nervous system and cardiovascular health .
- Magnesium: Essential in detoxification, smooth muscle relaxation, and supports anti-inflammation.
- Manganese: Supports healthy brain and nervous system function.
- Potassium: Key nutrient in heart health, healthy blood pressure and in metabolic function .
And if this wasn’t enough, half of an avocado has up to 7 grams of fiber! The fiber found in avocados is both insoluble and soluble.
- Insoluble fiber supports healthy digestion and movement through the GI tract.
- Soluble fiber supports a healthy microbiome and supports health blood sugars.
So grab some luscious ripe avocados and let’s get cooking!
Paleo Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
Makes an 8″-9″ Cheesecake
For the Chocolate Cheesecake
2 Large Ripe Hass Avocados
3/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 can Coconut Cream
1 cup Paleo Friendly Chocolate Chips, melted
1/2 cup Raw Cacao Powder
1 ounce Square of Unsweetened Dark Chocolate, for shaving (opt)
Fresh Raspberries/Strawberries (opt)
For the Coconut Whipped Cream
1 can Coconut Cream, Refrigerated at least 4 hours
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup, refrigerated
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (opt)
Pinch of Fine Sea Salt or Pink Salt (opt)
How to Make a Paleo Chocolate Cheesecake
1. Line the bottom of an 8″ or 9″ springform pan with parchment paper.
2. Make the egg free paleo cookie pie crust: click HERE for the recipe! Cool the crust completely before adding the filling.
3. Add the chocolate chips to a heat proof bowl and and melt them over a double boiler or in the microwave on HIGH for 1-minute.
4. In a high speed blender add the maple syrup, avocados, salt, vanilla, coconut milk, cocoa powder and melted chocolate chips.
5. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. The mixture is very thick and I have to use my blender plunger, if you don’t have one, you will need to stop and scrape the sides with a spatula a few times.
6. Pour out the filling into the cooled crust, cover and refrigerate 4-hours to overnight.
7. Prepare the coconut whipped cream when ready to serve
Chill your bowl for 10-15 minutes in the freezer
Add the chilled coconut cream, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla to the bowl.
With a hand mixer, beat the cream on high for approximately 3-minutes until the cream is smooth, creamy, and a bit fluffy.
Pour over the cheesecake and spread to about 1/2-1″ from the edge
8. Using a microplane or grater, shave the unsweetened dark chocolate over the top.
9. Add fresh raspberries or strawberries.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Like this Video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy, whole food recipes! Want to be notified when I post a new video? Click on the bell icon and you’ll get a notification when new recipes are uploaded! Happy Healthy Eating!!
Q: Can I use milk chocolate chips for this?
A: Yes, but the milk and sugar in milk chocolate chips is not Paleo.
Q: My filling is very thick, what should I do?
A: Add some more coconut milk, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
Q: I am vegan, but the cookie crust is not. What can I use instead of ghee?
A: Substitute out the ghee for some cold-pressed, unrefined raw virgin coconut oil!
If you like this recipe, check these out!
Milk Chocolate Avocado Mousse: A lighter version of this rich dark chocolate cheesecake, this milk chocolate avocado mousse has only a few simple ingredients and is Paleo, egg free and dairy free!
Paleo Blackberry Lime Mousse: A refreshing, summer, and bright Paleo mousse that is perfect any time of year! I especially love this during the winter by using frozen organic blackberries when I’m craving some sweet summer fruits!
Almond Joy Energy Bites: When you’re craving something on the sweet side packed with nutrients and good fats to keep your energy going!
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does. – Amy
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products and kitchen gear I love. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Almond Milk and Cookies!
I am a holistic nutritionist with an auto-immune disorder, a love of cooking, and a passion for holistic health.
Sharing what I make and eat with all of you…in hopes that you find inspiration here to fuel your body and feel your best with nutrient dense whole foods and clean eating.