Simple Savory Garlic Pasta
Beautiful al dente pasta is the star of the show when blissfully balanced with fruity olive oil and savory garlic. This simple pasta dish is perfect for any weeknight meal and you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry! It is so good when enjoyed it on its own, or serve it with some grilled chicken or seared scallops, and steamed broccoli for a complete meal!
I love the simplicity of this dish and how it showcases the beautiful earthy and nutty flavor of the pasta. Hands down, this is my youngest son’s favorite pasta dish, ever! I always have to double the recipe to make sure I have enough for his hollow leg, lol! Seriously, it is a fantastic, simple dish that will wow your family and impress your guests!
Why Semolina Pasta is So Good For You!
Semolina pasta is a pasta that is make from semolina flour or durum wheat flour and is my go to when making any type of pasta dish for my family. It adds more flavor and texture to the pasta when compared to white flour, and is high in protein (gluten), which helps the pasta keep its shape! Semolina pasta has a beautiful golden hue when cooked and has an amazing “bite” when cooked al dente.
Semolina pasta is higher in protein than pastas made with white flour and it contains essential B vitamins, fiber, and trace minerals.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): A water soluble vitamin that is essential in glucose metabolism and supports health heart and nervous system function.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): Converts carbohydrates to adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which supports energy production .
- Vitamin B9 (folate): Essential nutrient during pregnancy that supports the development of the neural tube.
- Iron: The iron in pasta, like all plant sources of iron is non-heme iron. Iron is necessary in the production of hemoglobin, supports the endocrine system, and is necessary in growth and development .
- Magnesium: The fourth most abundant mineral in the body, it support healthy nerve functions, healthy blood pressure, and detoxification.
- Potassium: The fourth most abundant mineral in your body and it is an essential electrolyte necessary in nervous system function, metabolism, hydration, and in regulating your heartbeat .
- Phosphorus: Supports healthy teeth and bones, muscle recovery after working out, and detoxification.
- Zinc: Essential in digestion, thyroid health, and a healthy immune system.
Semolina flour and pastas are a great source of insoluble fiber to help support a healthy digestive tract. Insoluble fiber is not broken down in the digestive system and helps keep you GI tract moving along and in tip top shape.
So grab some semolina pasta and let’s get cooking!
Simple Savory Garlic Pasta Ingredients
2 Tbsp Ghee
1 lb Semolina Pasta (spaghetti, linguini, fettuccine, etc)
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (opt)
4-6 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup Cold-Pressed, Unrefined EVOO
1 Tbsp Coarse Sea Salt
1-2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Italian Parsley, finely minced (opt)
How to Make Simple Savory Garlic Pasta
1. In a large pot bring 4-quarts of water to a rolling boil.
2. Once the water is boiling, add 1 Tbsp of coarse sea salt, stir then add the pasta stirring with tongs and bringing it back to a boil.
- Toss the pasta frequently to prevent clumping and cook per package instructions save 1-minute until done.
3. While the pasta is boiling, in a large skillet, heat the ghee, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes over low heat to infuse the ghee.
4. When pasta is 1-minute out from being done, remove from boiling water, drain well in a colander or remove pasta pot insert and drain for at least 1-minute.
5. Add the pasta to the skillet with the ghee and turn the heat to medium-high.
6. Add the EVOO, 1 tsp of fine salt, and black pepper; tossing to evenly coat.
7. Dish up and garnish with parsley.
Like this Video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy, whole food recipes! Want to be notified when I post a new video? Click on the bell icon and you’ll get a notification when new recipes are uploaded! Happy Healthy Eating!!
Q: Can I use gluten-free pasta for this?
A: Yes, you can use any type of pasta you want, just follow the instructions and cook until the pasta is within a minute of al dente before adding to the garlic and EVOO sauce.
Q: Should I rinse the pasta after it’s done boiling?
A: No, do not rinse. Throughly drain, about a minute or two, then add directly to the garlic and EVOO sauce.
Q: Why did some of my pasta stick together?
A: You did not stir the pasta enough in the first few minutes. When you first drop the pasta into the water, stir continuously for at least 90-seconds.
If you like this recipe, check these out!
Simple Bolognese Sauce: Your family will love this delicious dish as it warms the soul and includes simple ingredients that come together in a rich, meaty and earthy bolognese sauce.
Creamy Bacon and Pea Pasta Salad: Tender and sweet summer peas, crispy salty bacon, and creamy pasta make this dish an irresistible summer staple!
Simple Garlic Zoodles: Savory and perfect al dente zoodles for a veggie friendly and gluten free pasta option!
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does. – Amy
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products and kitchen gear I love. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Almond Milk and Cookies!
I am a holistic nutritionist with an auto-immune disorder, a love of cooking, and a passion for holistic health.
Sharing what I make and eat with all of you…in hopes that you find inspiration here to fuel your body and feel your best with nutrient dense whole foods and clean eating.